Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A visit from Aristotle's Witnesses


This is mostly funny because we used to get visits from people like this all the time. There was the guy who pulled up one Saturday morning in his SUV as I was heading out to burn the prairie.  I had the truck loaded up and a crew of half a dozen standing about waiting for instructions and this guy was oblivious. He could think of nothing but himself and his burning need to tell the world how just gosh-darn right he was about everything.  He didn't ask how I was doing or what I was up to, or why all these folks were standing around.  He dived right in and once he had ascertained that, yes, I did read the Bible, he whipped out his copy and invited me to read Matthew Chapter 28 right then and there.  What an ass.  If the cartoon strikes a chord with you as well, you can find more like it at http://abstrusegoose.com/31.

No comments: